What are the benefits to choosing tile?
EASY TO CLEAN
Tile is low maintenance and stress free!
Easy Care Steps
TIPs for Tile!
Stay away from harsh cleaners.
The effect of using cleaners with a high pH (bleach – alkaline) or low pH (vinegar – acidic) over and over is that they may break down some sealers which are there to help prevent soap scum, oils, and dirt from penetrating into the grout.
Using nylon or plastic scrubbers are handy and generally won’t scratch. They are great tools for helping care for your tile and grout floors and countertops.
Some do's and don’ts for tile!
- Sweep and dust floors often
- Clean surfaces with plain water, mild detergent or stone soap
- Always remember to rinse and dry the surface after cleaning
- Blot up spills immediately
- Protect your surfaces with non-slip mats, area rugs
- Protect your countertops with coasters, trivets or placemats
- Acids are bad for cleaning marble, limestone, travertine or onyx surfaces
- Vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids so be aware of these when choosing a cleaning solution.
- Bathroom cleaners contain acids and you should be sure to read them before purchasing and using them on your surfaces. They also contain abrasive cleaners and should not be used.
- Never mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
- Never mix chemicals together unless directions specifically instruct you to do so and follow the instructions clearly.